Chemical Formulations and Chemical substances
SHORT ANSWER Answer this questions inside the space offered. 1 . Compose formulas for the following chemical substances:
CuCO3 a. copper(II) carbonate
Na2SO3 b. sodium sulfite
(NH4)3PO4 c. ammonium phosphate
SnS2 d. tin(IV) sulfide
HNO2 e. nitrous acidity
2 . Write down thier Stock labels for the next compounds:
magnesium perchlorate a. Mg(ClO4)2
iron(II) nitrate b. Fe(NO3)2
iron(III) nitrite c. Fe(NO2)3
cobalt(II) oxide m. CoO
nitrogen(V) oxide at the. dinitrogen pentoxide
3. 13 atoms a. How many atoms are represented by formula Ca(HSO4)2? 4. 0 mol b. How many moles of oxygen atoms are within a 0. 55 mol test of this substance?
+6 c. Assign the oxidation quantity to sulfur in the HSO4 _ corpuscule. 4. Give the oxidation number for the element particular in all the following: plus1 a. hydrogen in H2O2
_1 w. hydrogen in MgH2
0 c. sulfur in S8
+4 g. carbon in (CO3)2_
+6 e. chromium in Na2Cr2O7
+4 farreneheit. nitrogen in NO2
your five. c, n, d, a Following are samples of 4 different compounds. Arrange them as a way of increasing mass, from most compact to most significant.
a. 25 g of oxygen gas c. three or more X 1023 molecules of C2H6
m. 1 . 00 mol of H2O m. 2 By 1023 substances of C2H6O2
6. NaOH a. What is the method for salt hydroxide?
45. 00 g/mol b. Precisely what is the solution mass of sodium hydroxide? 10. g c. What is the mass in grams of 0. 25 mol of sodium hydroxide? 7. 80% C, 20% H What is the proportion composition of ethane gas, C2H6, to the nearest complete number?
almost eight. C5H10O5 Ribose is an important glucose (part of RNA), having a molar mass of one hundred and fifty. 15 g/mol. If their empirical method is CH2O, what is it is molecular formula?
9. Butane gas gas, C4H10, is often utilized as a energy.
174 g a. Precisely what is the mass in grms of 3. 00 mol of butane?
1 ) 81 Back button 1024 substances b. Just how many elements are present for the reason that 3. 00 mol sample? C2H5 c. What is the empirical mixture of the gas?
10. C10H8 Naphthalene is known as a soft covalent solid that is often used in mothballs. Its molar mass is...